The beauty of metal pipes is that they have many great attributes, most notably the durability and ease of cleaning. Here at Ali Bongo, we’ve carefully selected our range of Metal Pipes to ensure that they tick all of the boxes.
Metal smoking pipes are extremely durable making them the obvious choice of smoking pipes for carrying when out and about at places such as parties and festivals.
Compared to glass smoking pipes for example, a metal pipe will almost definitely have a much longer life span because the strong materials used such as steel and brass will provide greater protection against knocks and drops, meaning they are much harder to break and are sturdy but are still light and discrete. metal smoking pipes are also commonly lower in price and much more affordable than glass pipes, ceramic pipes and in many cases even wooden pipes, however, silicone pipes are by far the most durable.
For many years there was a limited range of smoking pipes made from metal, but metal pipes have evolved since then and in terms of the choice there is a much larger range available. From pipes with interchangeable filters that reduce the heat of the inhaled smoke, classy pipe that doesn't need gauze and screens, to small pipe made from various materials that completely disassemble for super easy cleaning in all sorts of different sizes and shapes, there are now many styles of metal smoking pipes available that are designed to enhance your smoking experience.
Compared to pipes of other materials such as glass and wood, metal weed pipes have a tendency to heat up and get hot quicker which overall makes them suitable for quick use. Most metal pipes can be easily disassembled by unscrewing the bowl and stem, making them more portable than glass pipes and easier to clean which is super important because there's nothing worse than putting a dirty or smelly pipe in your bag.
If you're an on-the-go smoker or just want a discreet, low-maintenance and easy-to-use way to smoke then you'd be better suited to smoking from a smoking pipe than a bong as your main smoking device. Whilst using bongs is an amazing way to enjoy your favourite herbs they aren't quite as portable and low-maintenance when compared to smoking pipes because they are typically larger and require more cleaning.
Cleaning a metal smoking pipe is really easy and straightforward. Before you begin we recommend that you have these items at hand:-
- Pipe or Bong Cleaner - Dr Green is a very effective cleaner and is super affordable but you can also use Isopropyl Alcohol if your pipe has no plastic, rubber, or silicone elements.
- Pipe Cleaners or Pipe Brushes - An absolute essential for cleaning the stem of your pipe, these brushes are thin and long, fit 99% of pipes and do a great job at removing all the residue in your metal smoking pipe.
- Cleaning Cloth - Microfibre is best because it won't scratch your pipe, just be sure the cloth itself is clean before using.
Now for the actual cleaning, which is much easier than you might think!
- Completely disassemble your metal weed pipe if possible, this includes the bowl, stem and mouthpiece. Also remove any gauze or screens if applicable.
- Submerge all parts of the pipe in your chosen pipe cleaner in a container large enough to fit all the parts.
- After 30 - 45 minutes use the pipe brushes and cleaning cloth to dislodge any remaining resin or dirt.
- Rinse well with warm water. It is particularly important to make sure all the pipe cleaner has been thoroughly rinsed from the pipe.
- Repeat the process if needed, but if done correctly this should remove even the most stubborn residue and dirt from your pipe.
It is imperative that you regularly clean your metal smoking pipes to prevent a build-up of harmful bacteria; always keep your smoking devices clean!