So we have these now. Yep, Tibetan singing bowls!!
We actually get asked for them so much we went for them and i have to say…they are a lot of fun.
Used mainly in conjunction with meditation and sound therapy these little brass bowls sing there heart out when you get the knack and they are pretty easy to master.
They sound great, you can put great stuff in them and would make a lovely gift for anyone wanting crockery and/or a musical instrument for Xmas- 2 birds one stone for £21.98
How to play:
- Rest the singing bowl in the palm of the hand; hold smaller bowls on the fingertips.
- Hold the striker in the middle with all fingertips pointing downwards.
- Gently tap the striker against the side of the bowl to ‘warm it up’.
- With an even pressure, rub the striker clockwise around the outside rim of the bowl. Use a full arm movement just like stirring a big pan of soup. Try to keep the striker straight and remember to apply pressure.
- Let the sound build up slowly as the singing bowl picks up the vibration.